Highly Skilled Workers
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NETHERLANDS
FOR HIGHLY SKILLED WORKERS
The Netherlands do not have an independent work visa for skilled workers and can only allow applicants with high skills to come to Netherlands and find work locally. However, certain skilled workers may choose to set up their own business entities in the Netherlands and seek work permit as a Self-Employed Person. There are certain conditions that apply to everyone. In addition, you must meet the following conditions:
- The activities you are about to do serve an essential interest for the Dutch economy. The product or services that you are going to offer must be innovative in nature for the Netherlands. To assess this, the relevant authority of the Netherlands has introduced a scoring system which consists of 3 parts:
- Personal experience (education, entrepreneurship, work experience)
- Business plan (market analysis, product/service, price, organization, financing).
- Added value for the Netherlands (innovation, employment creation, investments).
The 3 parts together consist of a total of 300 points. At least 90 points are needed, with a minimum of 30 points for each part.
THE POINTS SYSTEM
- You meet the requirements for practising your business or profession. This means that you have all the necessary licenses.
- You are going to earn asufficient and independent long-term income from your activities as an independent entrepreneur. This should be evident from the business plan.
How to Apply
As the program is very complex and has several technical requirements, it is advised that interested applicants seek detailed consultation from us in order to assess their eligibility and to prepare to apply. Our expert team of advisers may be approached via email on firstname.lastname@example.org