Australia Canada UK USA Europe
The Medical Treatment visa is for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations out of their country of residence. It is a temporary visa and allows you to stay in the country of visa for medical treatment. You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition. You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have a medical treatment plan or medical consultation out of your country.
- are going to donate an organ to someone
- are coming with a patient or organ donor who is applying for this visa
- are going to receive an organ from someone who travels out of country with you
To be granted this visa you must also
- meet financial, health and character requirements
- not have a medical condition that could be a threat to public health
You must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself while you are in the country of visa. You must also show that you have enough money for your travel and treatment.
You must also show that you have made arrangements for:
- your treatment
- other expenses related to your stay
- the expenses of anyone who comes with you (this includes an organ donor’s expenses).
- You must show that payment for any treatment in a public hospital has been approved by the treating hospital.
You need to provide documents to prove the claims you make in your application. Some documents could take some time to obtain. You should have all the required documents ready when you lodge your application to reduce any delays in processing. Your application could take longer if you need character or health checks (including x-rays), if you need to provide more information, or if your application is incomplete.
If you have a situation like above, and you’re looking for further information / assistance, MIS-Legal may be contacted for it. Our dedicated staff may be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org .